Monday, April 1, 2019

S2 Week 10 Organic Modeling Part 04


This week I redid some of the UV map and cleaned up some artifacting in the bake. After that I moved to the long process of painting the texture in Substance! This was an interesting paint job because I learned a few new tricks for Substance as well as practiced material separation and break up. Once finished with Substance I exported the texture maps and brought them over to UE4.  In UE4 I assembled the initial material with the texture maps and then modified what needed to be fixed.  After that it was simply creating a lighting set up for render shots.  And I actually tried out a bit of a different lighting set up for this one, I went for a much more dramatic lighting. But overall I'm pretty happy with it and I learned a lot with this assignment.

Here are the renders of the paint job in Substance Painter!
























 And here are the final renders in UE4!!



Of course I'd like to once again give credit to Jordu Schell for creating the incredible physical mask sculpt that I based this digital study on!

No comments:

Post a Comment